How To Remove Phone Number From Snapchat
If you have a question about how to remove phone number from Snapchat, this article is for you. You provide your phone number when you create a new account on Snapchat.
Snapchat is a popular social app. People use it globally for taking pictures and recording videos. You can make voice and attach different emojis too.
Now you are looking for a method to remove your mobile number from Snapchat. Officially Snapchat doesn’t provide any option to remove your phone number, but there are different ways to delete your phone number from your account.
Read this article to know the different ways to solve this problem.
How to Remove Phone Number from Snapchat
We have mentioned different methods to remove the number from the Snapchat account.
1. Hide Your Phone Number
On Snapchat, people can search for you from your phone numbers. If you want to disconnect your contacts from finding you on Snapchat, you can hide your number easily from the public.
Follow these steps and remove your phone number on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Go to the upper left side and tap on the Profile icon.
- Select the option Settings.
- Click on the Mobile Number.
- Turn off the option “Let others find me using my mobile number.”
- Restart or refresh Snapchat.
Now nobody can see your phone number. But people can still search you by your name. If you want people can find you by your phone number, you can turn on the option “Let others find me using my mobile number.”
2. Replace Your Phone Number
If you have another mobile number and do not use it, you can replace it with your current phone number on Snapchat. You can add any number in the place of this one by following these steps below:
- Go to your Snapchat app.
- If you are not logged in, log in first.
- Go to the Profile icon and tap on it.
- Now choose Settings.
- Click on the option Mobile Number.
- Remove the current number and type the new mobile number you want to replace.
- Choose the Verify button.
- Copy the OTP Code you will receive on your provided mobile number and paste it into the required field.
- Now enter the password for confirmation.
You can try this method if you want to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat. Now nobody can find you on Snapchat with your former number.
3. Create a New Account
By creating a new account on Snapchat, you can remove your number easily from your account. You can make a new account with the number on your current account.
This way, Snapchat will remove your number from your real account and transfer it to the new one. After that, you can delete your new account.
Follow the steps to create a new Snapchat account:
- Open the Snapchat account on your phone.
- Go to the Profile icon and then select Settings.
- Scroll down and log out from your Snapchat account.
- Now choose the option Sign up.
- Provide your name in the required field.
- Then tap on the option “Signup & Accept.”
- Choose your date of birth and tap on Continue.
- Now create your password and tap on continue.
- Use your phone number for signing up instead of your email address.
- Type the number which is on your real account.
- You will receive an OTP code on your phone. Verify your account with that code.
Now login to your real account. You will not find your phone number there. You can delete your new account if you want.
4. Use Fake Phone Number
With the help of a fake number, you can remove your number from Snapchat. If you do not want to use your phone number, you can use any fake number.
Many websites provide fake numbers with confirmation codes. Follow the steps below if you want to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat.
- Visit the website that provides fake numbers.
- Choose any fake number from there for your Snapchat account.
- Open the Snapchat account on your phone.
- Tap on the Profile icon.
- Select Settings from the options.
- Tap the option, Mobile Number.
- Type the fake number.
- Then choose Verify.
- Now, again visit the fake number website. Select the number you have added to your Snapchat account.
- Scroll down. You will see the Confirmation code.
- Copy that code and verify your account.
If you do not receive any confirmation code, refresh the page. If still, you are facing this issue, choose any other fake number.
Things You Need to Know About Snapchat
There are a few things you need to know about Snapchat. Here we will tell you why Snapchat asks for your phone number.
- Snapchat Doesn’t Show Your Number to Anyone
When you create an account on Snapchat, it asks for your contact number. The number you provide is only visible to you and Snapchat. Nobody else can see your phone number.
Snapchat protects your privacy. It does not show your number to the public.
- Your Provided Number Helps You to Reset Your Password
The mobile number on your Snapchat account helps you to reset your password. If you ever forget your password and email address, you can regain access to your account with the help of your mobile number.
- Your Contacts Can Find You on Snapchat
With the help of your mobile number, your contacts can find you easily on Snapchat.
How to Delete a Snapchat Account
If you have found your answer of how to remove phone number from Snapchat but still want to delete your Snapchat account, follow the steps below:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Go to the Profile icon in your account.
- Select Settings.
- Go to the Support section and choose I Need Help.
- Tap on My Account & Security.
- Select Delete my Account.
- Enter your password and tap on the option Continue.
After that, Snapchat will start the procedure to delete your account. After 30 days, Snapchat will delete your account automatically.
Snapchat does not provide any direct and official method to delete your phone number from your account. We hope this article will be helpful, and you will get your answer on how to remove phone number from Snapchat.
Do you have any thoughts and any suggestions in your mind about any query? You can share them with us in the comment section.
Few More Guide’s From Our Blog
- (How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat) This article will tell you how to make a public profile on Snapchat. You will also know all the information about this feature.