This article will tell you how to make a public profile on Snapchat. You will also know all the information about this feature.
With a public profile on Snapchat, you can open the doors of opportunities for you. You can get a large audience and followers. Public Profile on Snapchat has the bio section with an account photo, location, email address, and a text description.
You will get access to the Lenses tab and Highlights tab. This option was previously available for celebrities, brands, digital stars, and creators. But now Snapchat has made it public for everyone but with eligibility criteria.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat
Here are a few ways to create a Public Profile on Snapchat. Below we have mentioned the simple ways to make a Public Profile.
By Changing Settings
By changing the settings on the Snapchat account, you can make your profile public on Snapchat. Follow the steps below to change the settings of your account and make it public:
- Open your Snapchat account.
- On the top of the screen, go to the Bitmoji icon and tap on it.
- Now go to the top right side of the screen and click on the Gear icon.
- Scroll down and search for the “Who can” option. When you get it, make these changes in this section.
- Contact Me: Everyone
- Send Me Notifications: Everyone
- View My Story: Everyone
- See My Location: Everyone
- Use My Cameos Selfie: Everyone
- See Me in Quick Add: Turned on
After these changes in settings, close the app. Again start it. You will have a public profile on Snapchat.
Creating a Public Profile
You can create a public profile with the help of the following steps below:
- Go to the Bitmoji icon.
- Next to “Add to Snap Map,” you will see three dots. Click on them..
- Tap on “Create Public Profile.”
- After that, you will get a pop-up. Read the conditions on it and tap on “Get started.”
- Then tap on ‘Create’ after reading the features.
- Now click on the Profile icon.
- You will see a new option now, My Public Profile.
- You can go to the edit option and set your profile.
Terms & Conditions for Snapchat Public Profile
Before knowing how to make a public profile on Snapchat, you need to know the eligibility criterion for a Snapchat public profile.
- Your account should be 24 hours old.
- Your age must be 18 years old or above.
- Your account should be public with your current profile.
- You must be a regular user.
Perks of Public Profile
There are many perks to making a public profile on Snapchat.
- You can add content on Snap Map and Public Stories.
- Your viewers can subscribe to your profile.
- You can get Highlights Section.
- Your name will be visible on all public posts.
- Creating the basic Public Profile is free on Snapchat.
Why Can’t I Make a Public Profile on Snapchat
There can be many reasons you can not make a public profile on Snapchat. We have mentioned below a few ones:
- Your account is not 24 hours old. For creating a public profile, your account must be 24 hours old.
- The age for this feature must be 18 years old. If you are not or above, you are not eligible for the public profile on Snapchat.
- Maybe this feature is not available in your country.
With this article, you will understand how to make a public profile on Snapchat. You can share your thoughts and views with us in the comment section.
Few More Guide’s From Our Blog
- (How To Remove Phone Number From Snapchat) If you have a question about how to remove phone number from Snapchat, this article is for you. You provide your phone number when you create a new account on Snapchat.